Accidents at workplace are very common nowadays but victims are often blamed for the accident and did not get sufficient support and compensation. Although , many are aware on the existence of various act but very few understand it's purposes and involvement in providing assistance to the worker shall an accident occurs at the workplace.
By joining this course, participant will be able to relate and understand the function of the various government agencies in identifying the non-compliance related to the act for the purpose of taking legal action. Participant also will be guide on what are the steps needed to bring an accident case to the court in order to get the necessary compensation.
By joining this course, participant will be able :
- To understand what need to be done following an incident and scope of each govt. agencies.
- To understand the content Factory and Machinery Act (FMA) and Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA).
- To understand the roles of Department of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH), Social Security Organisation (SOCSO) and CIDB.
- To understand the requirement related to the non-compliance.
- To highlight safety and health provisions stated in the Regulations under the Act related to the work.
- To understand what need to be done following an incident and the process of taking legal action.
Topics that will be discussed during the course are :
- Factory and Machinery Act (FMA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- Roles of government agencies and organization after an incident occurred.
- Steps in taking legal action.
This course is suitable for public/workers and employers such as :
- Workers and Workers’ Union Representatives.
- Safety and Health Committee members and management representatives.
- Project and Site Manager.
- Safety and Health Officer (SHO) and Competent Person registered with DOSH.
- Site Safety Supervisor (SSS)
- Local community members/representatives.
- 1-day training from 9.00am to 5.00pm
- 5 CEP Points