Factory and Machinery Act (FMA) and Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) is an essential regulations related to the industry that both management and workers should understand before execution of work. This course provides relevant information on the factory requirement relating to safety, health and welfare of a worker and inspection of machinery as required by the law.
Since the level of commitment and involvement of management in some organization is still low in understanding these regulations, this program offers interactive sharing of knowledge from industry experts on the responsibilities of management and workers of an organisation in ensuring safety and health at the workplace.
After attending this course, participant will be able :
- To differentiate between Statutory and Common law.
- To understand the legal and regulation requirements as stated in FMA 1967 and OSHA 1994.
- To relate non-compliance to the relevant acts and regulations.
- To explain the employer liability in Duty of Care.
Topics that will be discussed during the course are :
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- Factory and Machinery Acts (FMA)
- Sharing of non-compliance in industry
This course is suitable for all safety practitioners such as :
- Safety & Health Officers
- Safety / Production Managers
- Safety & Health Committee members
- Security Officers
- Safety Supervisors
- Safety Technicians
- Safety Trainers
- 1-day training from 9.00am to 5.00pm
- 5 CEP Points