Investigator 3 - Incident Investigation Tool
Investigator 3 is a powerful incident investigation and analysis software tool. It is the only tool to combine the three best practice incident investigation and analysis methods; the Kelvin TOP-SET incident investigation methodology, the Tripod Beta incident analysis methodology and the Root Cause Analysis method. Investigator 3 guides users through each stage of the investigation process, from writing the initial incident statement right through to the production of a standardized report. Investigator 3 truly is the ultimate tool for the efficient and effective investigation of high potential, complex incidents.
Intuitive and flexible investigation workflow - Investigator 3 intuitively knows the next logical step in your investigation and analysis. It does the work so that you don’t have to.
User-friendly design - Consistent development and testing makes Investigator 3 an uncomplicated software tool to use, even for less experienced computer users.
Flexible investigation structure - Investigator 3 takes you through all the necessary steps of a full incident investigation, but also gives you the freedom to follow your own workflow.
Enhanced presentations - Present your investigation findings clearly and concisely using Investigator 3. Effortlessly, showcase your findings in a structured step-by-step manner.
Designed by investigators for investigators - Drawing on more than 25 years of incident investigation knowledge and experience, Investigator 3 has been designed with the end-user in mind. User-friendly, with a logical work flow, Investigator 3 really does take some of the stress out of incident investigation.
Speedy diagram building - With just a few mouse clicks you can create sophisticated analysis diagrams which can be exported at the touch of a button.
Standardized reporting - All users, even those with limited incident investigation experience, can now produce consistent incident reports to a professional standard with the help of Investigator 3.
SMART actions and recommendations - These can be easily created and linked to specific causes, helping to eliminate recurrence of incidents.
- Investigator 3 follows the renowned TOP-SET incident investigation methodology to plan, structure and manage the entire incident investigation process. The TOP-SET method is straightforward and easy to use and produces high-quality consistent results.
- By utilizing the TOP-SET indicators – technology, organization, people, similar events and time – Investigator 3 uses a structured process to ensure ‘nothing is missed’ and that the information gathered is relevant and of a sufficient quality to allow an effective incident analysis using either Root Cause or Tripod Beta analysis.
Tripod Beta Analysis: Solving Human Error
- When improving or even removing the imperfect working environment of organizations, the number of human errors will be decreased radically. This is the basis of the Tripod method.
- By analyzing barriers to ascertain if they were bypassed or broken the investigator can identify areas where improvements can be made to prevent recurrence of incidents.
Root Cause Analysis (RCA): Getting to the Bottom
- Root Cause Analysis is a simple and straightforward incident analysis technique, which provides a lot of freedom in explaining the causality in the incident: what caused what?
- The Root Cause Analysis aims to get to the bottom of your incident. When knowing and removing the actual root causes, similar and more incidents can be prevented.
- Multi-Method Approach - Supports the best proven methods in Incident Investigation and Analysis.
- The Power of TOP-SET - Implements the renowned TOP-SET Incident Investigation methodology.
- Interactive Story-boarding - The ultimate platform to collect all your information during the investigation.
- Built-in Investigation Planner - Planning is the foundation of a good investigation and helps to create a comprehensive Investigation Planner.
- Full Tripod Beta method - Contains powerful implementation of Tripod Beta Incident Analysis Methodology.
- Quality MS Word Reporting - Supports a perfectly editable native Word export for your report.