The establishment of Safety Health Committee is to foster cooperation , consultation and as effective channel of communication between management and workers related to safety and health. Through our experiences, most organization does not understand the requirement for Safety and Health Committee as stated in OSHA 1967. A well-trained safety committee is a very valuable tool to help management provide a safe workplace for employees and improve the bottom line of any company, large or small.
A safety committee should be comprised of managers, supervisors, workers and union representatives. This committee should reflect a diverse cross-section of the work force. Employee participation is very important to this committee. Volunteers, rather than appointees, are more likely to be active and interested in fulfilling the mission of the safety committee.
Safety and Health Committee course participants will be able :
- To understand the Occupation Safety and Health (Safety and Health Committee) Regulations 1996.
- To understand the function and importance of Safety and Health Committee.
- To identify the legal requirements of establishing the committee at the workplace, safety techniques and relevant standard.
- To develop the knowledge, attitudes and skills for an effective committee.
Topics that will be discussed during the course are :
- Essentials of Occupational Safety and Health Act 1994.
- Occupational Safety and Health Management System.
- Assessing the Effectiveness of Safety and Health Committee.
This course is suitable for all range of employees such as :
- Workers and Workers’ Union Representatives.
- Safety and Health Committee members
- Management Representatives.
- Project and Site Manager.
- Safety and Health Officer (SHO)
- Competent Person registered with DOSH.
- Site Safety Supervisor (SSS)
- 1-day training from 9.00am to 5.00pm
- 5 CEP Points